A good project manager is hard to find. They’re a rare breed of meticulously organized professionals who have natural leadership skills, can multitask with ease, communicate with crystal clarity and bring a genuine passion and desire to their work. It’s no small task to optimize workflows, coordinate multidisciplinary teams, and secure the resources needed while staying on schedule and on budget. In other words, it’s not easy being the one responsible for steering the ship. Without you, we’d be lost at sea.
We’re looking for an expert Project Manager who can oversee, manage and execute a variety of projects from conception to delivery. You live and breathe digital, and have the ability to bring a group of talented people together and inspire them to be exceptional. Beyond managing teams, you’re also adept at planning and tracking budgets, and ensuring projects are delivered on time and with exceptional quality standards.
- Work together with the Project Manager team to implement an efficient work process and sound creative development process, allowing M8 to deliver high-quality concepts, artwork and presentation materials.
- Acknowledge key competencies for overall development of the members within your team. Create and foster an environment that allows talent to flourish and remain with the agency.
- Acquire the necessary and appropriate resources (internal and external) to meet project needs, and establish the best possible project management services.
- Direct the internal business of project management: processes, workflow, methodologies, etc., to ensure we service and support each client’s needs.
- Stay current in your field by researching cultural and industry trends, talent mix, training, processes, tools, resources and equipment.
- Be an undisputed driver of the creative process; protect and assure the integrity and quality of the creative output of the agency across all channels.
- Creating and executing project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identifying resources needed and assigning individual responsibilities.
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviewing deliverables prepared by the team before they are sent to the client.
- Defining and effectively applying our methodology, and enforcing project standards.
- Preparing for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizing our exposure and risk on projects.
- Ensuring project documents are complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Tracking and reporting team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Managing project budgets.
- Determining appropriate revenue recognition, ensuring timely and accurate invoicing, and monitoring receivables for each project.
- Analyzing project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in marketing or advertising)
- Passion for excellence/quality
- 3+ years of agency Project Management or Production experience
- Experience with different project management tools and methods
- Proven success in managing challenging clients and business situations
- Natural and proven ability to lead
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Solid understanding of the web development process from an information architecture, interaction design, design and technical perspective
- Strong hands-on wire-framing capabilities, demonstrating excellent understanding of usability and what makes a good web project
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and professionalism in every situation
- Highly proactive, quick on your feet and with a solution-driven approach to problem-solving
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Bilingual – English/Spanish language strongly preferred