The Account Manager is accountable for stewarding and advancing our clients business, maintaining budgets and schedules for assigned clients’ portfolios.
Drive Client Relationship Management
The Account Manager position requires the ability to manage, and begin to lead, the agency’s day-to-day relationship with key client contacts.
- Earn and keep each clients’ respect and confidence as a trusted advisor bringing value to their business through a strong commitment to success, consistent performance and the ability to develop a wide range of ideas and solutions.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in, each clients’ business – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends.
- Demonstrate confidence and authority as the day-to-day voice of the agency team.
Strong Staff and Project Leadership
The Account Supervisor position requires the ability to successfully focus the efforts of agency personnel so that projects are completed as proposed – on time, within budget and with a minimum of disruption to daily activity of client or agency.
- Outline expectations of, and communicate effectively with, agency team members.
- Effectively assign, delegate, coordinate and monitor the work of agency staff members assigned to client projects.
Demonstrate Analytic and Planning Abilities
As an Account Manager, you are required to employ a range of thinking and decision-making skills – “what if”, “critical” and “judicious” approaches to client issues and initiatives.
- Display marketing curiosity and a willingness to push your own thinking and the agency’s work in new directions.
- Clearly establish objectives and priorities for client initiatives.
- Develop and articulate initial points-of-view relative to strategic, creative and media alternatives.
Presentation/ Selling Skills
As Account Manager, you are expected to effectively present the agency’s decisions, recommendations and creative product to a range of client audiences.
- Develop and demonstrate a clear, comfortable, persuasive presentation style for both formal and informal settings.
- Be well-rehearsed and prepared for the unexpected.
- Make certain presentation support materials are consistent and in line with the agency’s expectations of quality.
Written Communication Skills
The Account Manager must be able to write clearly and persuasively.
- Provide clear, thorough written direction to staff.
- Deliver concise, accurate and actionable accounts of meetings and discussions.
- Contribute or author project and/or annual client planning documents such as strategies and creative briefs.
The Account Manager is essentially the lead project manager on client projects and thus must demonstrate an ability to organize workload and workflow.
- Establish clear objectives and day-to-day priorities for yourself.
- Effectively plan and organize the work of you and your team – handling multiple projects efficiently, effectively and productively.
- Provide effective and efficient oversight of agency resources to insure projects are delivered as promised in terms of time, budgets and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- 5 + years experience as an Account Executive or related role in an advertising or marketing agency preferrred.
- Experience with Digital platforms, digital campaign management, digital media and other modern marketing tools and techniques.
- Strong bilingual (English and Spanish) communication, both verbally and written, with people at all levels of an organization. Portuguese a plus.
- Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- You’re a People Person. Fun, likeable and trust-worthy.
- Ambitious and possess the ability to inspire colleagues with a positive approach to client service.
- Capable of hands on problem solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Capable of working independently or as part of the team.
- Self starter
- Confident in demonstrating ideas to clients and colleagues alike.
- Strong communication skills. – Proven understanding of the online marketing industry.
- Excellent writing, analytical and project management skills.
- Strong client management skills.